Thursday 13 September 2012

Planning an adventure

I came in for breakfast a little later than usual this morning, as I was perfecting the art of prowling in the shade, so I was very hungry.

When I came in, I looked for daddy and called 'Foooooooood! Foooooood! Food pleeeeease!'

Daddy was on his computer, typing, so he wasn't very quick in responding to my hunger. I decided that the best thing to do would be to jump up, lay down where he was typing, and nose-nudge his paws.
He said 'Bruce!' really loudly, which made my ears twitch.
I thought that if I was cute, I'd get fed a bit quicker so I rolled over for a tummy rub and purred a bit.
This just made daddy shake his head from side to side.
When I looked up, I'd typed a word on the screen, with my back, which was 'qfshcolcdbsh'.
Daddy sighed, then got up and went towards my food bowl. This made me happy, so I rolled back over onto my front, jumped off the computer, and rubbed against daddy's legs while he put my food out.

While I was eating, I looked over at my packets of yummy catty-food and though 'I wonder where they come from?'
I've never seen daddy cooking duck and heart, in gravy, and putting it in a packet.
I wanted an answer so I went to daddy and let out a long questioning miaowwwwwwww.
He looked a bit confused then stroked my head.
This wasn't what I was looking for so I stretched, and walked off.

I hopped over the fence to see Steve, and ask him where he thinks catty-food comes from.
He said he's seen a long white piece of paper before, with lots of words on, like 'eggs' and 'milk'. Also on this paper, was the name of the catty-food he eats. At the top of the paper was the word 'Sainsbury's', so this is the territory that Steve thinks our food comes from.

I asked Lulu about this, while she was cleaning her tail, and she said she'd heard of this 'Sainsbury's', but it's 'many many gardens away'.
I told her I wanted to find it, but she said it would be a long and dangerous journey.
I asked her, was she not curious to see where catty-food comes from? She said she was worried that curiousity might get us killed.

I don't want to be killed. That would be sad :( ....but I'm still curious.

I wanted to talk to Lulu a bit more about going to this 'Sainsbury's', but she went back to cleaning her tail.

I'm going away to think about it on my own. I really want to see this 'Sainbury's'. I bet it's completely dedicated to cats.


No comments:

Post a Comment