Tuesday 11 September 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Still no word from Fluffles, on the gifts I left her  . ///
                                                                            .     (   (sad catty-whisker face).
                                                                              \\\

I think, maybe, I should have had a wee in her garden so that she definitely knew they were from me. I'll give it a few more days.

Despite that, I'm still excited as it's 'daddy-long-legs' season... or at least, that's what I've heard daddy call it.
These whirring, flying things, with really skinny bodies, suddenly appear.
I get a bit confused by their name as they don't look anything like daddy, and their legs are much shorter than his.


Anyway, they're much more fun than moths, and there's millions of them!

Their legs stick out when they fly, unlike moths, so even if I don't get them at first swipe, I still get a leg or two.

One of my favouritest things is to run through long grass, at night, watch them all fly up, and see how many I can swat in one go!

The fun doesn't end there, as they come inside as well. They're really dozy, which is good.

Last year there was one on the wall, above daddy's bed. I wanted to get it for fun, and to protect daddy. I jumped for it, but only got one leg, and landed on daddy's head.
He made a sound like 'for fuck's sake Bruce. I've got work in the morning'.

I didn't really understand, so I kept chasing the daddy-long-legs round the room to get it's other legs.
Daddy left his bed, picked me up, and put me outside. I was very confused. Then I forgot I was confused and chased some more daddy-long-legs.

I hope this 'season' is just as fun.

Happy leg-chewing everyone!

Yum:

No comments:

Post a Comment