Friday 2 November 2012

Curiosity

Daddy has been out today, and I have been indoors. He doesn't usually leave all doors, to different rooms, open when he goes out, but he did today.
Because of this my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to do a bit of exploring.


Firstly I ran, then slid, into the room where daddy makes his food (I think daddy thinks there's a complicated reason why cats run and slide across floors, but actually we just do it because it's fun).
I jumped up on one surface where there were two clear plastic things, one containing white grains, the other containing black grains. I sniffed the one with white grains in, then licked it.
I recognised it. It was salt. I like things that taste of this. Sometimes daddy eats a bag of flat crunchy things, covered in salt. If he leaves them lying around, and I smell them, then I go over and lick the bag and all of the flat, crunchy things, if I can get to them.
I didn't recognise the black grains in the other clear, plastic container. I sniffed it and it made me catty-choo lots and lots. I didn't like this, so I didn't lick it. Daddy might have to give the container a wipe.

I jumped down from this surface and up onto another one. There was a plant on it with a label that said 'Basil'. I sniffed it and it had a very strong smell. I decided to bite and chew it. It tasted horrible, so I spat it back out.

I went into another room with a long, wooden thing in it that I've heard daddy call a 'table'.
It had some kind of cloth on it. I wanted to see what was on this table, so I jumped up, but as my paws grabbed at the cloth it all slipped off the table, and I fell back to the floor with it.
I wasn't very happy about this, but did a little catty head-shake and was okay.


I thought I'd try a different room, the one with a bed in (but not the one daddy sleeps in / my bed). There are lots of things piled on this bed, so I had fun sniffing and exploring. There was something that looked like one of the sheep I'd seen in a field, but made of plastic. I swatted it a bit, then it made a 'fsssss' noise and became flat. I didn't understand this, so turned my attention to some wires, sticking out of a box, which I practiced pouncing on.
After a while I spotted a shelf that I hadn't been on before. It had a really good view of the garden and any birds that might be outside. I spotted some Sparrows and started catty-chattering at them. I got very excited and my tail started swishing. This made me knock some things off the shelf which smashed on the floor. The smashing sound made me jump, in fright, and knock more things off of the shelf.

I ran onto my usual bed, a bit scared, licked my paws, then fell asleep.

When daddy came in he seemed unhappy and shouted 'Bruce', so I just pretended to be really deep in sleep.



*??
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment